“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” Mark Twain

Monday, January 11, 2010

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Lao-tzu

I am sitting in the Bradley Airport in Hartford, CT and am waiting to start my travels west.  What is great is that I am hanging out with my friend Shiloh who visited for the weekend and is on the first leg of my flight with me!!  I can not believe that after talking about this experience for many months today is the day it all begins.  It has been a week full of mixed emotions.  Saying goodbyes which are really see you laters and also trying to wrap my head around what I am about to experience.  I am so grateful for all of the people in my life who have been so supportive in my decision to leave my little piece of the world to take on the entire world!!!

Tonight I will arrive in San Diego and get to spend some time with friends, Brian and DJ, who I have not seen for many years.  I am excited to be able to catch up on the last 10 years and also get to see San Diego (a city I have not been to yet).   California Here I Come!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. how about that delightful ride to the airport you got?? :)

    enjoy the heck out of san diego!

    ReplyDelete