“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” Mark Twain

Monday, January 4, 2010

Get ready cause here I come!!!!

I have decided to try out this thing they call a blog. That way if you would like to follow my Semester at Sea voyage you can subscribe to or bookmark this site and look at your leisure and I will not clutter your email. Also then I can put pics on here.

On Monday, January 11, I start my adventure in San Diego, CA. I will be staying a couple of nights with an old friend and then will go to the ship for faculty and staff training on Wednesday. The role I will be serving in is a Living-Learning Coordinator for Student Activities and Recreational Sports as part of the Student Life Team. I am getting very excited and also am a little anxious but that is to be expected!

To view the Spring 2010 itinerary on the Semester at Sea site just go here: http://www.semesteratsea.org/voyages/spring-2010/spring-2010-intinerary/calendar.php

This will be my home for 109 days; the MV Explorer:

9 comments:

  1. My first attempt as a blogger was my SAS blog as well. I had a wonderful time writing it and selecting pictures to post as well. Every reader enjoyed it and it has also served as a great souvenier (and by far the cheapest) because I have had my own thoughts and experiences to reflect on and remember. Have a ball and I will be reading along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too, just remember to have a good time.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks...sent me email prompts and I'll check in! Anchors away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you. I am glad to hear that you are keeping a blog so we can see what you are doing. Maybe a publisher will love it so much that they will make it in into a book! Good Luck and be safe.

    xoxo,
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa Bardill MoscaritoloJanuary 11, 2010 at 8:07 AM

    Stacey have a great time. I will be thinking of you! Following your log will remind me of our time on the ship.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey,
    Have a great time. I hope to follow in your footsteps (wake) in a few years as ship doc again. Looking forward to reading about your experiences. Have fun and be safe.
    Greg Gallik

    ReplyDelete